Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cambridge Book Shops

This week's damage is extra-special because it happened at Schoenhof's:


The guy who was working there said he was especially happy to see Los sefardíes going to a good home as it had been on their shelves for going on ten years. It's a bit outdated, but it is nonetheless a foundational work in the field.

And as much as I have placed a moratorium on buying books that look good for teaching, I made an exception for these two because it's useful for me to have some more resources for students in Spanish for certain courses:


My major victory for the day, though, came after the strap on my tote bag broke right when I got into the subway. The train let out right in front of the Harvard Coop and I really wasn't going to be able to march around much with quite so much stuff in the snow to look for another place to buy an emergency replacement bag, but I managed to walk into the Coop and acquire a bag that did not have the word Harvard on it.

1 comment: