Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Week in Links (Victorian Sanitarium Edition)

There's medieval Arabic and Hebrew poetry like this:

Rap Song With Lyrics That Do Not Use the Letter E

This week in history: Somehow I never realized that both C.S. Lewis and Aldous Huxley died on the same day as JFK.

An Essay on Unseen Truth

This is very bad:

Damascus. Great Mosque. Façade of the Inner Courtyard Suffers Damage from a Shell


This may be cause for optimism:




And my favorite tweet this week:

I often talk to Renaissance/Spanish Golden Age scholars as though they work on my same material because, as far as I'm concerned, the Middle Ages doesn't end until the very beginning of the seventeenth century, and every single time I am forced to remember anew that they don't see themselves as medievalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment