Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer 2012 Academic To-Do List: End of June Progress Report

-- Finish a manuscript review that is two months late


-- Organize the files in my office
    Currently in the this-has-to-get-worse-before-it-can-get-better phase





-- Write two book reviews
    Postponed. They're not due until December. They're not going to happen until then. I'm justfying crossing them off the list on the basis of having taken decisive action about them for the moment.


-- Finish an essay on gargoyles
    Done. Sent. Fingers crossed.


-- Finish revisions to my revise-and-resubmit article from the fall
    Done. Sent to a different, better-suited publishing outfit. (More on this decision to follow.) Waiting to hear back.


-- Finish revisions to a different article
   Augh! This did not fly. So after a two week total break from it, I went back and started working about an hour a day on small, easy changes. My task for July will to be to tackle the bigger, research-intensive changes that need to be made. In the grand scheme I know it's better this way, but I'm a little miffed at not being able to devote more time to the next item on the list and to getting back to the book manuscript itself.


-- Finish and polish two chapters from my grand literary translation project
   In progress. First draft of first chapter completed. Not sure now whether to start tackling the first draft of the second chapter or start revising and polishing the first.



   This will literally take me half an hour. I just need to put my butt in the chair and do it.

-- Write some meatier blog posts with some real content

   This. Still pending, though, is a sort of roundup of a few current books on MSS study that I've been wanting to write since this winter.


-- Work on my team teaching grant-funded project
    I've only fiddled with this, but now that I've got many of the smaller, non-book-related writing projects crossed off the list, I've got more time and can (and must) get my rear into gear. Here's the current state of things.


-- Find a place to live in Philadelphia
   Cautiously optimistic that I've got this sorted out, but I won't rest easy until something's signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment